Social Media Designer at Harvard Business Publishing
Job Title: Social Media Designer
- Department: HBR Group
- Employment Type: Contract
- Office Location: Remote
- Job Number: JO-2011-1845
About Harvard Business Review:
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
This position supports two editorial products within Harvard Business Review Group; the flagship HBR brand and the HBR Ascend brand, which is a new content brand focused on early career advice and strategy for young professionals.
The Social Media, Digital Designer is responsible for bringing each brand and content to life through storytelling & brand design on social media, information design, and through visual presentations both on and off our platforms. This role will need to adhere to and convey the distinct visual style for each brand.
This person will assume full ownership and responsibility for their work, including concept and ideation, stakeholder communication, visual research, creative assignments, defining and attending meetings, file management, meeting deadlines, purchasing, billing and invoicing.
- Digital content design for HBR Ascend articles on hbr.org, including; charts, graphics, photos, etc.
- Photo research, photo editing, and/or commissioning illustrations for daily articles published on our website
- Design and story-telling for social media channels, including Instagram stories and carousel swipe-throughs
- Support various brands within HBR with icon, logo, or banner design when necessary
- Motion graphics and desktop animation would be a plus*
- They should have a high level of competency working in the Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Illustrator and Photoshop
- They should have a minimum 5+ years of design experience, ideally at an editorially driven media company.
- Working knowledge of web and native platform technical requirements.
- After Effects, Premiere would be a plus*
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!