Social Media Community Manager at SCORE Association
Social Media Community Manager
- External Relations
- Full Time
The SCORE Association is seeking a Social Media Community Manager to support the online community and public relations efforts of the external relations team to improve engagement, increase awareness and promote the SCORE brand.
The Social Media Community Manager will provide support in the following areas: social media content, media inquiries and responses, public relations, government relations and targeted online advertising and metrics reporting. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills as well as a sharp eye for aesthetics and excellence in both written and verbal communications, with a special emphasis on social media. S/he should also be highly passionate about increasing positive awareness of SCORE and its work providing free mentoring and educational resources to America’s small businesses.
This Social Media Community Manager will manage social media accounts for both SCORE headquarters and chapters by implementing strategies and tactics to grow, engage and retain followers and help convert them into leads, customers and active advocates and promoters of our services. S/he should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
We’re looking for a self-starter, proactive problem solver and detail-oriented team player. S/he should be committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure and have a relentlessly positive, flexible, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude.
- Build and manage SCORE’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific social networks to enhance both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors and industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Oversee chapter social media programs and support chapter and volunteer inquiries and needs related to social media.
- Run regular social promotions, campaigns and live events (i.e. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.) including tracking success metrics and implementing findings to drive smarter strategy and deeper engagement with key audiences.
- Help develop and distribute educational content that supports marketing goals.
- Manage SCORE social media advertising, including budgets, scheduling, content creation, communication to the SCORE Foundation and reporting metrics to corporate sponsors and alliance partners.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify with target audiences (new and prospective clients, volunteers, sponsors and influences) via social media.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Quality assure own work to ensure flawless execution and delivery.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing execution complexity.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience and 3-5 years professional social media experience
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each channel’s best practices
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions and strategy that represent our brand and resonates with our audiences
- Proficiency in using social media software (e.g. Momentfeed, Hootsuite) to monitor social media conversations
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, blogging photography and video production
- Strong copywriting skills and ability to provide capable customer service via social media
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Self-starter with a drive to learn and the ability to work independently and collaboratively under deadline/pressure
- Ability to apply critical thinking and complete tasks on time with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
About SCORE: Since 1964, SCORE has helped 11 million entrepreneurs to start, grow or troubleshoot a business. SCORE’s 10,000 volunteers provide free mentoring, workshops and educational services to 1,500+ communities nationwide, creating 45,027 new businesses and 74,535 non-owner jobs in 2020 alone. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Our national headquarters is located in Herndon, Virginia.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!