Social Media Associate at Repair the World
Social Media Associate
Repair the World is dedicated to making meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World’s signature program, Repair the World Communities, engages young adults in social change around education and food justice in neighborhoods in nine cities across the country. In each community, Repair staff and Fellows use peer-to-peer outreach and recruitment to engage thousands of other young adults in volunteering and learning, support local nonprofits to create authentic and impactful volunteering and education opportunities for those participants, and partner with local Jewish organizations to plan meaningful service-learning opportunities. Through our national programs, Repair inspires and activates thousands of young American Jews to serve their communities through digital campaigns, national partnerships, and in-person trainings to individuals and organizations around the country.
Repair the World is hiring a creative Social Media Associate. This role is a part-time position, expected to work 15-20 hours/week. This role can be remote, or at Repair’s national office in Manhattan, with preference for in person. The Associate will function as a capacity builder for the Digital team, reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Social Media Associate works closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager, adopting Repair’s national marketing and communications strategy for the digital space. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and build out organizational social media calendar, creating and scheduling posts across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Create creative (imagery) and copy (text) for social media across the organization, particularly for Repair the World national, including the Fellowship, fundraising, and digital campaigns.
- Act as social media community manager by responding to comments and questions on Repair’s national social media channels (largely Facebook and Instagram).
- Provide social media analysis after specific digital campaigns, based on metrics, containing data-driven recommendations for improvements to Repair’s social media strategy.
- Additional support work as needed, including website maintenance, support building marketing emails, uploading images to drive, supporting Repair’s Communities’ marketing needs with a customer service mentality, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience in digital marketing/communications
- Proficient knowledge of social media trends and best practices; ability to navigate social media platforms and scheduling with fluency
- Knowledge of best practice and trends in social media marketing
- Highly organized with a keen ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with a curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Commitment to data-driven decision making
- Proficient communication skills, specifically around clear, compelling, and persuasive copywriting for digital
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of WordPress, Facebook (including Ads Manager), Twitter, Instagram
- Understanding of Email CRM system such as Pardot, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Graphic design: experience with Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong understanding and commitment to working through a social and racial lens
- Digital advertising experience, including Google AdWords and SEO
The starting salary for the position is $17/hour, with an expectation of working 15-20 hours/week. This is a part-time position, without benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Repair the World provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status,national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!