Inbound Marketing Specialist (Remote)
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
What does our Inbound Marketing Specialist do?
The Inbound Marketing Specialist the primary owner of multiple client relationships. It’s your responsibility to make sure we execute flawlessly on every aspect of these relationships. Your clients will look to you for new ideas and fresh approaches to every aspect of their inbound marketing. You’re their inbound marketing guru.
A key aspect of this role is managing the ideation, production, and execution of all deliverables for your clients. You’ll create some of these deliverables yourself, but you’ll also manage an awesome writer and designer for each client – which means providing your creative team with the guidance and feedback they need to produce deliverables to our exceptionally high standards. Deliverables can include a range of things, from blog posts to ebooks, white papers, infographics, case studies, articles, emails, ad campaigns, sales collateral, websites, and more. Basically, if it’s marketing and there’s writing in it, you need to know how to work with it.
You also manage your clients’ technology platforms. This primarily includes maintaining all aspects of the client’s HubSpot portal, but it may also include managing WordPress sites, Google Ads and/or LinkedIn ad campaigns, social media platforms, webinar platforms, other email marketing platforms, and more. It’s not that we’re super tech nerds, it’s just that tech underpins everything we do – so you need to be experienced with it.
As the primary day-to-day point of contact for your clients, you keep them informed of all project details, field their questions, and solve any issues that might arise. You also keep the internal team at Clariant Creative up to speed on everything happening with your clients, and you work with everyone to continually find new ways to deliver even better results. In other words, if you’ve ever wondered how many plates you can keep spinning at the same time, you’re probably going to find out. The good news is that at Clariant Creative, we’re all in this together. You’ll have an amazing, supportive team of colleagues to bounce ideas off of and learn new things from, just as we’ll be looking to learn new things from you, too!
Clariant Creative is a virtual agency, which means all work is 100% remote. You’ll need to have your own office setup, computer, phone and webcam, but we’ll provide all software. This also means you’ll have a fantastic commute, and we won’t judge you if you wear bunny slippers to a conference call.
Because we are remote, we are basically ruined for office work forever. This means we offer flexible work hours; so long as you get done everything you need to get done, we don’t really care if you work at 2pm or 2am. You do you. (However, you’ll be expected to be available for client meetings during normal business hours.) Also, because our head of HR really hates tracking vacation hours and sick days, we offer unlimited paid time off (although there are a few rules around using this benefit). And because we believe wholeheartedly in helping you stay on top of your marketing game, we offer ongoing continuing education opportunities so you can keep on learning. We’ll also send you to the annual Clariant Creative team hullabaloo at the HubSpot Inbound conference held in Boston every year.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with multiple clients and learn everything you can about their industries, their companies and their target audiences, so you can find a unique perspective for their content.
- Build and manage a rich content strategy that enables your clients to achieve their goals. This typically includes a range of content formats, including blog posts, web copy, white papers, ebooks, case studies, infographics, marketing materials and more.
- Develop your clients’ blog editorial calendars with search-engine-optimized, buyer-persona-specific topics that will attract qualified visitors to our clients’ websites.
- Develop conversion-oriented content designed to convert these website visitors into qualified
- Make sure all client content is easy to understand, will be valuable for our clients’ leads, and achieves our clients’ specific business goals.
- Manage a creative team of writers and designers to ensure that our work is always top quality and that your clients’ messages are consistently being delivered in innovative and engaging ways.
- Monitor and manage all your clients’ projects and campaigns, to make sure they move forward on schedule, on budget, and on goal.
- Manage your clients’ HubSpot portal, including marketing automation and lead nurturing processes.
- Report on the results you create for your clients and help your clients understand what the data means.
- Look for opportunities to improve your clients’ results. This might include developing new types of content, incorporating a paid digital advertising strategy, or making other tweaks to their existing inbound marketing plan.
- Regularly check in with your clients (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) to ensure everyone is aware of current activities, project timelines, and recent performance.
- Contribute to regular internal team meetings and share ideas about how to improve what we do at Clariant Creative.
You must be able to
- Work comfortably in a 100% remote agency environment, which means regular check-ins, lots of virtual collaboration, and the ability to keep yourself on task in an unsupervised environment.
- Write high-quality content designed to accomplish specific marketing objectives.
- Provide actionable guidance and feedback to a team of writers and designers.
- Work with a range of technology and software, including Office 365, Google Suite, and Teamwork Projects.
- Get up to speed on new and sometimes complex topics quickly.
- Keep multiple projects on schedule and on budget.
- Take critiques in stride.
Requirements for this role:
- Current Inbound Marketing Certification by HubSpot is absolutely required.
- Know AP Style like the back of your hand.
- Experience creating a range of content formats, from blog posts to case studies, white papers/ebooks, website copy and marketing collateral.
- Competent with the fundamentals of SEO and keyword research.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, and/or LinkedIn Ads is a plus.
- Experience with Teamwork Projects or similar project management platform is also a plus.
- Experience with the HubSpot platform is a huge plus, and any HubSpot Software Certifications are a triple dog dare plus!