Social Media and Homepage Producer at FOX Corporation
Social Media and Homepage Producer
- USA – Remote
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for a Social Media and Homepage Producer. You are responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app, as well as Fox News and Fox Business’ social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. As a producer you be engaged in newsgathering and creation of new, unique elements to illustrate stories. You will also select and choose story placements, write compelling headlines. You’re a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM), or TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage and social media platforms
- Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
- Use homepage manager and social media content manager tools
- Headline, image test all placements on both homepages
- Coordinate, collaborate, and produce photo illustrations and montages
- Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
- Write breaking news banners and continually update breaking news headlines
- Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of newsroom experience
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
- Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
- The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!