Social and Audience Development Strategist at BuzzFeed
Title: Social & Audience Development Strategist: Travel & Personal Finance
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed.com is looking for a resourceful and data-driven strategist to join BuzzFeed’s Social Team and work closely with two content creation teams focused on Travel and Personal Finance. This is a 6-month contract position on our US team (with the possibility to extend after the first 6 months), and can be done remotely.
- Develop and execute a strategy to promote Travel and Personal finance content across the network of BuzzFeed’s social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, and aggregation platforms like Apple News, Flipboard, and SmartNews)
- Analyze metrics related to engagement, traffic, and other performance metrics and industry trends
- Create regular and highly actionable reports that communicate performance data and recommendations to the content teams
- Collaborate with content creators and team leads to optimize content ahead of publishing, including guidance on or creation of packaging materials like headlines and images
- A passion for lifestyle and service content, especially in the areas of Travel and/or Personal Finance
- A few years of experience working at a website or in digital media
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple areas of priority
- Experience with or self-motivation to learn internal and external data tools and systems
Nice to Haves:
- SEO experience
- Experience managing syndication or aggregation platform-strategies (like Apple News, SmartNews, Yahoo!, etc.)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!