SOC Engineer at Valiant Solutions
Title: SOC Engineer
Location: United States
Valiant Solutions is seeking a 100% Remote SOC Engineer to join our growing and innovative team supporting a Weekday Night Shift (midnight to 8am).
The SOC Engineer will be responsible for manning a 24x7x365 coordination center and responding to phone and E-mail cyber incident reports. They will ensure reports are properly entered into the incident tracking system and will coordinate with reporting entity. They will be expected to have knowledge of cybersecurity incidents and be able to comprehend reports and determine what additional information may be required. They will follow established SOP’s for escalation and notification of Federal Leadership.
The successful candidate will have experience creating and tracking network incidents and investigations. This position requires strong communication and organization skills. All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background checks.
Valiant Solutions is a rapidly growing small business that cares about its employees- we’ve been named one of the Best Places to Work in the DC area SIX years in a row!
- 3+ years of relevant work experience; Associates degree
- IDS monitoring and analysis, analyze network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Create and track investigations to resolution
- Compose security alert notifications
- Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!