As the Small Business Solutions Sales Director, you will launch a new department focused on selling digital marketing solutions for SMB clients in Philadelphia and Boston. You’ll run the full sales cycle from developing the sales strategy, prospecting, to closing, and everything in between. We succeed when we help our clients market and grow their businesses. Success in this role is measured by exceeding monthly sales goals, handling rejection in stride and leading the development of the product suite. Your responsibilities include:
- Direct sales– Work with small business owners to determine their needs and educate them on the value of our solutions. Contact with clients will be primarily cold outreach via phone, email and social media through outside and inside sales. Become an expert in our solutions.
- Business manager– Develop sales tactics for revenue growth and client satisfaction. Lead the go-to market sales strategy for future small business-targeted digital products. Work collaboratively with internal teams to inform them on client interactions that will help us improve our product offerings. Provide recommendations for retention and growth to Marketing, Digital Production and other internal partners.
- Team lead– After 3-6 months of exceeding monthly sales team quotas, you will build and lead a local team of sales representatives to work with you. Provide ongoing training and development for sales reps. Create resources including scripts and sales tools. Manage and evaluate client interaction to maximize our sales.
You will be selling to locally based, consumer serving small businesses including doctors and dental offices, real estate agents, wedding services professionals, home professional services, and private schools. The products are digital marketing services ranging from $1000-$5000 to drive leads and increase their brand credibility. Services include digital profiles that drive leads to their business, social media advertising, and email marketing. This position can work remotely but prefer is given to candidates with professional experience in Philadelphia or Boston.
Metro Corp. is the parent company of Philadelphia magazine, Boston magazine and other media brands. Our digital sites, phillymag.com and bostonmagazine.com, are some of the leading go-to sites for local quality of life content in Philadelphia and Boston. We are unparalleled in our ability to offer print, digital, social and events to consumers and advertisers. We serve a wide array of advertisers, from local boutiques to international brands. We currently have thousands of active small business clients and counting on you to grow this new department.
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- 15 PTO days, Summer Fridays and 1-week Christmas holiday break
- Free access to some of the best events in Philly and Boston
- In-office lunches from Philadelphia and Boston’s top restaurants
- Medical and Dental plans
- 401(k) plan
- Fun and entrepreneurial work culture
Needed Experience and Behaviors
- 5+ years of SMB sales experience through phone, email or social
- 1+ years of management experience in sales, lead generation or account development with a proven ability to develop employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales strategies and refine them as needed
- Proven prospecting and cold email/calling experience with >50 outreaches per day
- Organized and diligent with using a CRM for tracking activities
- Consultative Sales Approach: Builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives
- Intimate knowledge of the local small business landscape
- Self-motivated and energetic in a very startup environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on engagement and persuasion
- If you’re looking to work remotely, you have experience managing a remote team.
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in Philadelphia or Boston small business sales is a plus.
- Experience in digital advertising sales is a plus (internet directories, internet marketing, etc.)
- Experience as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur is a plus.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We value diversity and encourage diverse candidates to apply. Phone calls or walk-ins will NOT be accepted.