Site Editor at QuinStreet
Foster City, California or United States
- Powering Performance Marketplaces in Digital Media
- QuinStreet is a pioneer in powering decentralized online marketplaces that match searchers and “research and compare” consumers with brands.
- We run these virtual- and private-label marketplaces in one of the nation’s largest media networks.
- Our industry-leading segmentation and AI-driven matching technologies help consumers find better solutions and brands faster.
- They allow brands to target and reach in-market customer prospects with pinpoint segment-by-segment accuracy, and to pay only for performance results.
- Our campaign-results-driven matching decision engines and optimization algorithms are built from over 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in:
- The direct measurability of digital media.
- Performance marketing. (We pioneered it.)
- The advantages of technology.
We bring all of this together to deliver truly great results for consumers and brands in the world’s biggest channel.
- QuinStreet is looking for an associate to join the Editorial Division in a full-time rolein the credit cards vertical. In this position, the associate will perform key editorial functions, including ideating new content topics, creating detailed writer assignments, editing, copywriting, conducting SEO, helping maintain social network profiles and administrative functions.
- The Editorial Division is responsible for providing a variety of content types for a large number of websites.
- This division produces short pieces (100 to 400 words), articles and guides (500 to 5,000 words), feature articles, and interactive content.
- Clear communication and keen organization skills and high attention to detail are required for coordinating writers, websites, and content assignments as well as maintaining strict compliance standards.
- Editing a high volume of content for the Web, ensuring each piece is ready for publication
- Writing content for the site, partner sites or social media, as needed
- Copywriting, as needed
- Proofreading and fact-checking
- Creating content requests, in collaboration with the site producer and other stakeholders
- Giving feedback to freelance writers
- The position breaks down approximately to 60% editing and copyediting, 20% writing, 10% copywriting, 5% social media efforts and 5% administrative work.
- The right candidate will be comfortable brainstorming, participating in the creative process, and joining in team discussions.
- Flexibility to attend occasional meetings/calls in the early morning and or evening
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in online content publishing, editing and copywriting
- Experience in writing or editing in the credit card or personal finance space is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize a large number of concurrent projects
- Above-average editing and writing skills (knowledge of AP Style a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access) and Internet searches
- Familiarity with spreadsheet manipulation and filtering (must be comfortable with Excel)
- Has experience working on a CMS / CPS
- Moderate level of comfort working with basic HTML
- Understands the need and general process for long-term content planning
- Demonstrated communication abilities
- Able to learn quickly new concepts/software
- Understands the basic concepts of SEO for content publishing
- Knows what content marketing is and has at least 1 social media account
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!