Site Coding Manager–Full-time, Remote Role
HIM Operations/Medical Coding SITEC05404
Schedule–Days, including some evenings and weekends, and on-call.
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Site Coding Manager- Coding Operations oversees multiple hospitals/hospital systems that include teams of multiple Site Managers and approximately 80 to 120 remote medical coding associates (onshore and global). The teams are responsible for delivering timely and accurately coded cases for the Medical Providers for billing. He/she is responsible for managing the collection, completion, maintenance and reporting of coding metrics, in addition to managing the goals, objectives, strategic plans, and policies and procedures for the regional hospitals/hospital systems. The Manager also aligns coding performance with the broader revenue cycle goals and company objectives.
- Holds each of their site managers accountable for their teams’ performance, productivity and quality targets.
- Maintains direct accountability for region-wide cost and QA targets.
- Executes standard daily and weekly coding performance reviews to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Identifies and tracks key barriers and process defects, and reports them to the customer and leadership teams on weekly basis.
- Solves moderate to complex problems related to coding workflows and leads project plans for the containment, structural resolution and escalation of key performance barriers.
- Coordinates with the internal quality team to review, determine the root cause(s), and remediate coding quality issues; ensures implementation of performance- and quality-based improvement plans among staff to ensure compliance with all applicable standards.
- Monitors the assessment, onboarding and training of new hires to ensure compliance with R1 productivity and quality standards through the initial 30/60/90 days of production coding.
- Manages cost containment protocols to keep overtime and third-party backlog coding vendor output to < 10% of the total coding output.
- RHIA or RHIT with CCS-P or CPC; Consideration will be given to an Associate Degree with CCS-P or CPC.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Three to five years of healthcare management leadership experience; managing multiple stand-alone locations is preferred.
- Three years of professional coding experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to manage cross-functional resolutions against a deadline.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to comprehend and analyze large quantities of operational data.
- Advanced proficiency in standard office equipment and information systems.
- Ability to prioritize key tasks and work in a complex, stressful environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.