Service Desk Agent at SAIC - Science Applications International Corporation
SERVICE DESK AGENT PART TIME
- Job ID: 215191
- Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL or Remote, United States
- Category: Information Technology
- Subcategory: Technical Support
- Schedule: Casual (includes On-Call and Temporary)
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: No
- Minimum Clearance Required: None
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
- Potential for Remote Work: Yes
- Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career, and customer-oriented Service Desk Agent to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide. This position is part-time, working 10-20 hours a week, primarily during early day hours of 9:00 AM ET – 1:00 PM ET.
Our Technical Support Service Desk agents provide excellent customer service by supporting a wide range of IT technical and network solutions. Serving as the initial point of contact, you will gather and analyze information about the user’s issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Solutions include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, resolving network connectivity issues, and troubleshooting email issues.
- Advanced point of contact for customers via telephone, email, or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems, and/or applications.
- Assists with navigating around application menus may be required to remote into customer’s computer.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
- Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ businesses.
- Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering when appropriate.
- Must be US Citizen and possess the ability to obtain Federal Government Public Trust Clearance prior to starting assignment
- AA degree in related discipline; or HS degree and 2 years related experience with certifications.
- Previous computer technical support experience and experience with Pega software applications preferred.
- Knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 Operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer’s issues.
- HDI CSR preferred
- ITIL v 3 or v4 preferred
Target salary range: $35,001 – $45,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!