Service Delivery Manager
Remote, United States
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL, MariaDB,MongoDB and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) provides a personalized Percona interface to nominated customers, and takes responsibility for delivery of services to those nominated customers. These services include complex managed services and consulting engagements. The SDM has expert ability in ensuring a coordinated delivery of such services – from onboarding through to day-to-day operational delivery.
The SDM is equally responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring that services are delivered according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and other contractual obligations that are deemed necessary and are previously agreed. These obligations may reflect operational, commercial and/or legal obligations.
As a dynamic and thriving company, this position is unique in that it offers a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be expected to wear many hats including the ability to positively impact the product strategy and direction from a supportability and functionality perspective.
The Percona Services group is responsible for the operational and technical delivery of the services included in the Percona products/services line. The Services group is focused on a high quality, efficient delivery of Percona services that results in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention and low operational costs.
What will you do?
As an SDM, you will work directly with our clients on a daily basis, helping them overcome a wide array of challenges and being their main advocate within Percona. You will provide your expertise and oversight to limited number of clients, helping them design and build scalable and robust backend infrastructure that will support their needs.
As part of your role, you will continually strive to find better solutions to problems while keeping your focus on the client’s success.
You will also be building strong relationships internally with other technical teams that will be servicing our clients as part of our Percona Care offerings. Percona is made up of several tight customer focused groups, making a customer happy is a team effort, and you will work together closely with all internal teams to make this happen.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with primary customer contacts.
- In coordination with the Managed Services team, ensuring successful onboarding of new Managed Services clients to the Percona Managed Services products.
- In coordination with the Customer Success Manager, ensure benefits and terms of Managed Services agreement are highlighted and understood, including regular contracted DBA hours if applicable
- Coordinate overall system health report (tickets, uptime, etc) to ensure updates are communicated back to customer on a regular cadence
- Coordinate the requirements and delivery of project work and change requests
- Coordinate fulfillment of the deliverables for a customer ensuring the managed services teams are held accountable
- Technical escalation point for technical issues within the customer
- Delivery of regular status reports to Customer as well as internal management
- Identify sales opportunities and provide feedback to Sales team
- Improve product feature offerings by providing feedback from partners and customers to internal teams including but not limited to Product Management and Engineering as a part of ongoing customer advocacy
- Ability to work well with people and communicate effectively both internally and with customers
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Positive, helpful and supportive
- Good at problem solving and a logical thinker. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes complex information quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach
- Accepts feedback from others
- Communicates clearly and professionally to convey confidence even when under pressure
- Flexibility and availability for escalation purposes for assigned customers
Some of the skills/Technologies we are interested in:
Open Source Database experience:
- MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB (++)
- MongoDB (++)
- Other NoSQL / BigData solutions
The ideal candidate will have experience or knowledge of all aspects of a modern application development organization and be familiar with Open Source, its core values, it’s community, it’s mindset.
You should be comfortable with OSS based architectures and full stack solutions, be able to understand the importance of environment tuning, from OS to application to network, be familiar with the DevOps mindset and know the power of automation tools and the various Cloud Computing platforms.
- Ability to work remotely
Location/Time zone: Remote work from home United States/Canada, Central/South America based and/or if you are based in Europe it will be CET afternoon/evening hours.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.