Locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, ME, MD, MA, MN, NC, NH, NY, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA
Responsibilities of the Job – The Challenge
We are looking for an experienced SEO rock star to join our team and focus on analyzing our site, staying up-to-date on the ever-changing landscape of SEO, and making recommendations that factor in the behaviors of search engines, the flow of our site, and the user experience to best optimize our content.
You will need to understand the importance of people, processes, holistic decision-making, and
organization. You’ll also need to believe deeply in the importance of working with super smart people,
have top-notch ethics, and possess a passion to accomplish big things.
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives
better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance,
communication, and care.
In the past 11+ years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market
(remote, freelance, part-time, and flexible jobs) to help job seekers connect with employers that offer
these highly desired arrangements. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier,
safer, and faster for job seekers by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a
friendly, effective, and better job service.
In terms of flexibility, we also walk the talk! Our entire team works remotely from locations all across
the United States. The ability to flex our schedules as needed to best fit our lives allows us to work in a
very focused and productive way.
What You’ll Do
You will help elevate the SEO strategy across the business, working closely with development, analytics,
content, and marketing. This will include understanding the space and the competitive landscape, and
conducting in-depth keyword research that will positively evolve our SEO results. You’ll monitor and
audit traffic analytics, metadata, linking strategies, content SEO, conversion rates, and more to lead
improvements that build strategies aligning with current best practices to maximize our search exposure
in a smart, quality, and sustainable way.
As discussed in the “Bonus Points Given” section below, if you have SEM experience, there will be some
additional role responsibilities for that area.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be a member of the marketing team. You will collaborate
closely with the development, analytics, and content teams, as well as with other team leads across the
company, as needed, to explain strategy shifts and ensure compliance.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an SEO specialist for a public-facing website, preferably an ecommerce
or subscription model.
- Deep analytical skills to identify SEO opportunities via keyword research, competitor analysis,
content performance, opportunity analysis, backlink monitoring, crawl logs, and infrastructure
- Proven track record of driving organic traffic by leading the execution of SEO efforts, including
metadata, content techniques, site architecture, link building, keyword selection/utilization, etc.
- Ability to recommend optimizations to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors
to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Fluent knowledge of Google Analytics. Experience with leading search engine ranking, traffic,
web analytics tools. You are tech-savvy and learn new platforms quickly.
- Knowledge of HTML, as well as experience with WordPress.
- Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company.
Bonus Points Given:
- For SEM campaign and/or other performance marketing skills, including:
- QA and setup of new campaigns
- Day-to-day management of all campaigns
- Ability to proactively make campaign and keyword optimization changes as needed
- Budget management
- Competitive analysis
- Assess landing pages used in SEM campaigns
- Experience in SEO/SEM in the job/employment space
Traits and Skills for This Role:
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Proactive and excellent communication skills
- Enjoyment in digging in, learning about, and understanding our customers, the data, our business, and the market
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Motivated with a healthy and respectful sense of curiosity
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included:
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of.
- You must have a fully functioning home office, including: high-speed Internet access, a fast
computer, and phone access.
- Your work environment must be one in which you can really focus without distractions.
How to Apply:
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (v. another company).
- Tell us what makes you a great fit for this position.
- What hourly rate (based on part-time, hourly schedule) you would be comfortable with.
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, markdown, or .txt.
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive work environment for all employees.
FlexJobs is also a veteran and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured
for qualified candidates who meet this criteria and we have a workplace culture that supports their work