SEO Specialist at Car and Classic
SEO Specialist – 100% Remote
You are an experienced SEO professional who thrives on being hands-on in your role. You are an all-rounder whose passions lie more in technical SEO and on-page optimisation than digital PR.
You’ve had experience working on e-commerce websites and enjoy the challenges that come with optimising these for crawling, relevancy and indexing.
You enjoy the problem-solving that is inherent with SEO. You’re a natural advocate for SEO in the organisations you’ve worked in and get a buzz from educating and upskilling others about it.
About the role
This is a new role in our growing SEO team. You will be working closely with the Head of SEO in executing the strategy across the core Car & Classic domain, as well as assisting with the international expansion of the site.
You will be responsible for your own SEO projects from inception to completion, as well as carrying out ad-hoc research and problem-solving as new issues and opportunities arise.
You will report to the Head of SEO whilst also working with the wider marketing team and being embedded in a pod (squad) of engineers and UX and UI designers to provide SEO guidance on changes to the website.
You will have an opportunity to train and develop as an all-rounder or focus on a relevant SEO specialism over time if that’s what you’d prefer. The Head of SEO is also keen to mentor colleagues in public speaking and writing for industry publications if this is something that you would be keen to explore more.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user-generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 100 people now we expect to double over the next 12 months. We’re looking for an SEO Specialist that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid-growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the development and delivery of organic search strategies as set out by the Head of SEO
- Assist in the internationalisation of our multifaceted website (e-commerce, marketplace & editorial)
- Provide expert advice and guidance on all matters SEO within your pod (squad)
- Carry out technical audits, brief in required changes to engineers and QA the resulting output
- Perform keyword and user intent analysis, on-page optimisations and make recommendations for improving the website
- Carry out EAT reviews and make recommendations for improving the website’s perceived authority within the classic car market
- Advise on content generation and optimisation
- Advise on video optimisation for YouTube and Google Search
- Report on SEO KPIs to demonstrate the value of SEO recommendations that have been implemented
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary up to 50,000 (depending on experience)
- Stock options
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- Flexible working – work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company-paid team retreats
- Income Protection
- Life Cover
- Smart Health
- Generous parental leave
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Several years of working in an SEO-focused role
- Experience of working on e-commerce websites
- Ability to identify technical issues with a website and an idea of where a problem might be found
- Experience of advising content creators on topics and themes that carry high search interest and intent
- Experience of conducting backlink analysis
- Experience of working alongside other marketing channel professionals
- Experience of briefing in technical fixes to product managers and engineers
- Experience of using keyword ranking tools, a range of CMSs and Google Analytics
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience of migrating a website (domain change or re-platforming)
- Experience of working on international websites
- Experience of working within a squad/multi-disciplinary team structure
- Experience of working closely with PPC strategies
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click ‘Apply for this job’. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.