SEO Director at Etsy
- Brooklyn or Remote, United States
As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is hiring a Director SEO to join our team in Brooklyn!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about SEO and loves diving into data and insights to develop creative ways to acquire and bring back customers!
We seek a leader, who is experienced in developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to help drive the company’s growth. You will help manage offsite and onsite optimization projects and report on performance.
This role is ideally based out of our Brooklyn office but is also open to remote work in all US states (except Alaska and Hawaii). If remote, there would be travel to the Brooklyn office quarterly.
This reports to the VP of Growth Marketing.
- Be accountable for implementing, driving and optimizing Etsy’s global SEO strategy
- Lead, coach and mentor the SEO department, ensuring the team has a vision and clear objectives
- Regularly perform detailed keywords research
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
- Collaborate across various teams, e.g. coordinate content, design, social media, performance marketing and other activities
- Monitor key SEO KPIs and prepare and present reports regularly
- Stay up to date with SEO and digital marketing trends and methodologies
- Be a source of knowledge for all things SEO, proactively sharing ideas and recommendations to the rest of the business
- At least 10 years of Sr. SEO experience in a fast paced business and leading website.
- You have experience working in a managerial position involving a team
- Respected leader, able to encourage, influence and challenge the status quo
- Detailed understanding of SEO techniques, tools, digital channels, proactively keeping up-to-date with the latest innovations
- Analytical mindset with numerical aptitude
- Expertise in A/B and other testing methods
- Advanced knowledge of analytical software such as Google Analytics, BrightEdge and other common web analytics platforms
- Highly collaborative with excellent stakeholder management skills, capable of earning trust from the team and fellow leaders
- Natural coach, mentor and talent magnet, able to empower and provide direction to the team
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!