Senior Wildlife Conservation Technical Policy Writer at FedWriters
Sr. Wildlife Conservation Technical Policy Writer
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business. We are a professional writing, communication, and analysis company that provides more than 20 Federal agencies with our services. We help government and commercial organizations develop a range of products, including technical reports, training materials, regulatory and policy documents, engineering documents, multimedia content, and more!
Every satisfied client is attributed to your efforts. It’s the perfect time to get in with FedWriters and join a company that is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in America. Take a minute to check us out!
You Are A Perfect Fit If You, Like FedWriters, Value:
- Teamwork you believe teams are essential for promoting success and growth.
- Leadership you value leadership and the structure it provides in order to facilitate efficiency.
- Goals you strive to achieve goals and to ensure success and growth.
- People you value people, including yourself, and strongly believe in the power of maintaining healthy relationships.
The purpose of the position is to provide communication and technical writing support to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service International Affairs program (FWS/IA). Writers selected for this role should be technical expert(s) with experience in wildlife trade regulation, conservation regulation and permitting to assist with writing regulation updates and training materials.
- Draft content that articulates, interprets, and explains important, complex policies and regulations that impact fish and wildlife conservation.
- Deliver high-quality draft regulation text to FWS/IA that reflects agency policy direction provided through one-on-one communications and in group or team communications.
- Deliver high-quality draft training material text to FWS/IA that reflects agency policy direction provided through one-on-one communications and in group or team communications.
- Documenting meeting outcomes, summarizing and collating information, writing draft regulations and training material text, resolving edits and comments on draft text.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- S. degree in wildlife or plant biology or natural resource conservation
- 10 years of expertise in international wildlife trade regulation and implementation, including recent experience in implementing wildlife law to be sufficiently qualified to understand and interpret highly complex policy direction provided by individual or groups of government personnel.
- Must have specific expertise and experience implementing one or more of the following regulations: 50 CFR 13 – General Permitting Procedures; 50 CFR 15 – Wild Bird Conservation Act; 50 CFR 18 – Marine Mammal Protection Act; 50 CFR 17 – Endangered Species Act; and/or 50 CFR 23 – Convention on International Trade and Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST.
- Work is remote, USA.
- Requires the ability to pass a US clearance security investigation.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.