Senior Web Engineer – React.js at Underdog Fantasy
Senior Web Engineer React.js (Remote option)
- FULL TIME
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Web Engineer, you’ll be an early member of our small team to help build out the next generation of Underdog’s web applications and keep us the #1 app in the industry!
*Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a React, Typescript and NodeJs tech-stack
- Write clean, efficient, testable code for a production environment
- Manage switching between contexts and codebases
- Utilize and build reusable components for use across apps
Who you are:
- 2+ years building large, high traffic web applications
Even better if you have…
- Typescript experience
- Experience working with large component sharing codebases
- Experience with React hooks
- Knowledge of Redux Sagas for use with Redux
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $120,000 and $170,000+, depending on experience, plus equity. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, Vision+
- 401k Match & FSA
- Support for learning and development
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD cash
- Book club – expense your books
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!