Senior Vice President – Property Claims at Crum & Forster Insurance Co.
Title: Senior Vice President – Property Claims
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
- Job Details
The Senior Vice President of Property Claims reports to the President of Property. This person is responsible for all property lines of business from a claims management and financial perspective.
This position may be domiciled anywhere in the U.S. with occasional travel to Morristown, NJ (HQ).
What the Role Entails
- Ensure financial integrity through accurate and timely reserving on all claims and monitor claim activity to ensure that justified claims are paid timely and fines are avoided while unjustified claims are investigated thoroughly and aggressively defended.
- Create vision to direct our claims strategy into the future, identify performance weaknesses and ensure that our customer service exceeds industry standards.
- Monitor and manage our E&S Property and Property Program business to assure compliance with C&F standards and program agreements. This includes Home Owners and Property Commercial Insurance.
- Audit external Claims Managers/Adjusters per C&F Guidelines.
- Manage and update the C&F Property Catastrophe Plan including field adjustment and claims resources to be deployed in the event of an industry catastrophe.
- Manage external TPA’s and expand our external claims network where needed.
- Assist underwriting on policy form reviews including manuscript wording(s).
- Interact and work closely with all functions within the company as well as our brokers, agents and policyholders.
- Represent C&F when requested at industry events. This may include participating on panel discussions, client meetings and/or committees.
- Maintain and improve the current good reputation that C&F Claims has in the marketplace.
What You Bring to Us
- Superior people management skills and a creative problem-solver who can react to market needs, fix problems, handle day-to-day issues and embark on special projects when needed.
- Ten or more years of claims management experience including real estate and manufacturing type risks.
- Broad knowledge of commercial property policies including manuscript forms.
- Experience with shared and layered property claims from the lead carrier perspective.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of programs with an emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Four year college degree .
- Claims and CPCU designations are a plus.
- Creative, out of the box thinker who is able to build out a claims organization from the ground up.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!