Senior UX Designer at RealSelf
Title: Senior UX Designer
About the Role:
*This fully remote role is open to candidates in most U.S. states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
We’re seeking a fully remote Senior UX Designer. As Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering product experiences from early-stage concepts through final design. Our team has a unique opportunity to help modernize RealSelf’s product experience in the consumer healthcare space. This role requires a high degree of collaboration directly with product managers, with an emphasis on rapid prototyping and iterative design methodologies. This full-time position is fully remote and reports to the Head of User Experience & Design. The Senior UX Designer who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category and be excited about a systematic approach to holistic design thinking.
In this role, you will:
- Actively collaborate with your Product Manager to deeply understand business and product goals
- Lead the experience strategy for your product team, contributing first-class designs with little oversight. Use qualitative & quantitative research data to make informed decisions through a user-centered design approach.
- Partner with dev manager/developers to understand technical limitations & communicate solutions
- Create Figma prototypes and other evidence-based supporting materials that clearly communicate your solutions & rationale.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders throughout the organization to facilitate ongoing discussion about user problems and proposed design solutions.
- Collaborate with other UX designers to ensure the overarching experience is consistent and knowledge is actively shared.
You may be the right fit if you have
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, owning the design process from early-stage ideation through high-fidelity design
- Experience in responsive web & native app design
- Expert knowledge in Figma
- A robust online portfolio with case studies that illustrate your story of evidence-based product design and how you apply design principles
- Strong communication & storytelling skills
Highly preferred, but not required:
- A curious, critical, holistic thinker. You can articulate complex ideas
- Have a strong understanding of research methods, and experience with usertesting.com
- Able to digest input, feedback & criticism objectively to make thoughtful decisions
- Able to work in a rapid test & learn highly agile environment. You experiment often and are accustomed to a highly iterative design workflow.
- Independent, organized & able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Knowledge of React & Storybook is a plus
- A strong visual design aesthetic is a plus
No travel anticipated
RealSelf employees work from 26 states in the United States; while we have offices in Seattle, Washington we are a remote-first company.
We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.