Senior UX Content Designer at Indeed
Senior UX Content Designer
- Seattle (Remote)
- Remote, United States
- Full Time
Seattle 120,000 – 174,000 USD per year
What would you be doing?
This role is a mix of content strategy, content design, and UX writing. Must love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing to be successful.
You’ll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail. You’ll use your strong analytical skills and content design principles to ensure content aligns with both user goals and business objectives.
You will also be responsible for ensuring all content you create supports the most usable, consistent, inclusive, and delightful experience for Indeed’s users. You’ll identify content opportunities and low-performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. Excellent communication and presentation skills and an open, collaborative attitude will ensure success when you engage with partners from across all company disciplines.
About the team
The Matching Recommendations Platform team’s mission is to make great matches between employers and job seekers that lead to interviews and hires. We’re building powerful screening tools and matching systems to give job seekers career opportunities they can trust and employers a trusted hiring partner in Indeed.
- Drive a consistent content experience for all communications, balancing user needs, business objectives, and technology constraints to create the highest quality, best possible experience.
- Prioritize content needs in an iterative approach, balancing speed to ship with quality.
- Develop a strategy for how to improve matching across various product surfaces and communication channels.
- Lead (or co-lead) workshops, design sprints, and other discovery exercises to help craft a vision that helps our users get better recommendations on Indeed.
- Perform heuristic evaluations, content audits, or competitive analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Create information architecture frameworks, wireframes, taxonomies, content governance documentation, style guidelines, and priority guides to communicate the overall content plan.
- Create templates and guidelines for notification channels that other teams can use to create high quality, consistent content.
- Determine the most appropriate content (e.g., copy, data, images) and channel for all user touchpoints, including mobile and desktop products, email, push notifications, and text messages.
- Define how content should adapt to different user segments, personas, and intents.
- Partner with UX research to create meaningful research strategies to discover new content needs and evaluate existing content. May also lead research if resources or time constraints require it.
- In collaboration with product partners, craft success measures for content that are testable and provable.
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to make sound data-driven content decisions and design recommendations.
- Create content that follows all guidelines, including UX content, SEO, accessibility, design system, localization, and legal.
- Help define and evangelize the role of UX content at Indeed and in the broader community of content professionals.
- Assist in establishing, documenting, and socializing content best practices, governance, and processes.
- Lead critiques/pinups, office hours, etc. to provide actionable feedback to design teammates.
- May mentor, manage, and onboard junior team members and interns.
Who You Are
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of content strategy, content design, UX writing, or similar experience.
- Must be a strategic thinker who develops long-term and results-oriented plans that will add value to our products.
- Understanding of design principles and how content fits into overall user experience, with proven ability to map content to user intent.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Passionate advocate for creating user-centered experiences while balancing business and user needs.
- Relish working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Experience in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Familiarity with common design tools like Figma.
- Experience with a data-informed approach to content development, including qualitative (user testing, Full Story) and quantitative (A/B testing, analytics) data.
- Strong analytical, project management, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Experience presenting and defending your ideas to partners and leadership.
- Experience creating communications governance and process
- Experience creating multi-channel communication strategies
- Experience with design and systems thinking
- Experience working with legal and getting content approvals across teams
- Experience with conversational design
Who We Are
We are a Product team driven by data, and focused on building the most popular job site on the planet. With product teams in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Hyderabad, Singapore and Vancouver, we are changing the way people get jobs all around the world.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.