Senior User Experience Designer at SmartBear Software
Senior User Experience Designer
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT – DEVELOPMENT
SmartBear is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to lead the design of SwaggerHub. SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform aimed at teams using the Swagger framework to design, build, document, and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables collaboration and coordination through the entire API lifecycle with integrations to engineer favorite toolsets such as AWS, GitHub, Apigee, as well as other SmartBear products.
Designers at SmartBear play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to difficult problems. The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise solutions, the software development lifecycle, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create low- and high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
- Grow the SmartBear design system, and ensure all features align with it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
- 8+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for producing and testing designs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Familiarity with best practices for API design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SVG, and other front-end web technologies.
- Knowledge of animation libraries/toolkits.
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!