Senior Test Engineer
Remote US or Canada
Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the world’s first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device.
Trōv also automatically organizes important information about the things you’re buying, like receipts & warranties, and backs it up in the cloud so you always have it when you need it. At Trōv, we’re dedicated to making protecting the things you own as simple and flexible as possible, so you can spend your time enjoying them without having to worry about confusing fine print and contracts.
Our team isn’t just talented – we’re fun and we’re a family.
Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Do you like to push the limits of software to see where it breaks? Are you passionate about continually driving quality improvement on a product? We are looking someone with strong testing skills to join our QA team as we gear up for expansion into new countries.
This role is a remote position based either in the US or Canada.
- Write test cases for upcoming features before development begins
- Write automated tests in C#/SpecFlow
- Review automated tests submitted by developers for correctness and completeness
- Prioritize tests based on business and technical risks
- Educate and technically mentor other engineers to help them appreciate the role quality plays in an organization
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years relevant work experience
- Past experience with distributed/remote teams
- Working knowledge of basic agile principle
Some of the tools we are using. Experience isn’t required.
- Node.js, AngularJS
- Postman & cURL
- Event Sourcing databases
- Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- AWS (EC2, S3)
- Continuous integration, specifically with VSTS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.