Senior Test Automation Developer, Testing Strategy and Automation at Elevate Security
Title: Senior Test Automation Developer, Testing Strategy and Automation
Location: Montreal QC CA
Category: Software Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Elevate Security is looking for a Senior Developer in Tests, to join our growing team in Montreal. This person will help us to take care of our Software Testing Strategy and Automation of our Security Behavior Change Platform that leverages the latest advances in data analytics and behavioral science.
You will help define the testing strategy, orchestrate the implementation with all the scrum teams, and participate in automating some of the end to end use cases. It’s an excellent opportunity to get in from the beginning and help guide the strategy and technology decisions while also growing with the company.
Our modern multi-tenant SaaS platform is designed using micro-services and micro-front-end architecture patterns. Our technology stack is based on React/Redux for the front-end, Python with Flask and Django for the back-end services, Redis, Postgres RDS, Redshift Data Warehouse, Glue ETL, Cognito identity and more running on Docker, K8s EKS and AWS with CircleCI a CI/CD. We have offices in Berkeley, CA, and Montreal Canada.This position can be remote anywhere in USA and Canada for the proper senior person.
- Defining the overall testing strategy on the Elevate Security platform
- Orchestrating the creation of test plan by each scrum teams, and owning the golden path end-to-end test plan
- Building BDD end-to-end testing
- Ensure that end-to-end testing are fast and run regularly, identifying severity 1 issues
- Enable the scrum teams so that they always have up-to-date proper tests, and measures coverage
- Run some performance tests in collaboration with the production engineering team members
- Express empathy with our engineering, product management, experience design, customer success management teams and people
- Engage and collaborate as part of a self-organized squad, using agile, lean and scrum
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Constantly Improving your Emotional Intelligence is important to you
- This is a senior position, so we expect you to have spent 5+ years in relevant similar positions
- Proven achievements of building test strategies for a large platform build by many scrum teams
- You need to have some automation development experience with a framework
- You can teach how to build test cases and how to use test case tools linked to Jira and test automation framework
- You believe in BDD
- You have deep understanding of one programming language
- You can demonstrate that you picked up new technologies quickly
- You have been exposed to Docker and a cloud environment such as AWS
Why is Elevate Security a great place to work?
- We have a modern technology stack and striving for engineering excellence while keeping in mind lean principles to experiment fast with customers.
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest possible talent.
- Your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We’re genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won’t hire jerks.
- Our Montreal office is accessible from the McGill metro station, making it an easy commute.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive set of benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks)
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds
- RSSP matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Work from home option with one day at the office
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!