Title: Senior Technical Sourcer (6 month contract)
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you’ll help build on this momentum. Together, we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is looking for a talented Technical Sourcer to play a vital role on our recruiting team. You will play an integral part in helping the Recruiting team with candidate search expertise – leveraging multi-channel sourcing techniques to identify top talent prospects and convert them to interested applicants. This requires demonstrated ability conducting deep internet research, generating leads, competitive intelligence gathering, social media and talent marketing to build diverse and qualified talent pipelines for our Engineering teams in Mountain View and San Francisco.
We are looking for a smart, experienced and tenacious sourcer that will dig through the hard rock in order to find gold. This is a 100% remote position.
- 2+ years technical sourcing experience
- Experience working with ATS software (Lever, Greenhouse Etc..)
- Proven track record of sourcing hard to find, passive candidates for technology roles
- Creatively source candidates through various avenues (e.g., social networking, traditional networking, referrals, etc.)
- Technically screening candidates over the phone and writing a summary for the hiring manager.
- Experience scheduling phone interviews between candidates and hiring manager.
- Experience working on very technical engineering positions.
- Experience working on Java, Microservices, REST, Data Engineering roles.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and start-up type environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday’s, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.