Senior Technical Project Manager at Community Data Platforms
About Community Data Platforms
Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is an essential community service.
Working with Community Data Platforms
We’re looking for ambitious and resourceful people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country. Benefits include:
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at the early stages of a start-up with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to community-based decision-making
- Remote working environment – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging!
We believe smarter and stronger cities emerge if they aggregate reliable data and deploy effective data tools so as to inspire astute decision making. The ideal candidate for this position will be inspired by this initiative and drive teams of data scientists and developers toward successful products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and create product requirements and specifications.
- Plan, execute, track and manage individual projects to completion.
- Keep projects under cost, on schedule and within scope.
- Track issues and implement solutions in a prompt manner. Provide expertise for escalated quality problems and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle.
- Promote team brainstorming to create solutions to constraints using technical expertise and experience.
- Effectively communicate project status and suggest changes to use company resources more efficiently.
- Regularly participate in executive meetings to present progress and share project information with other professionals in the organization.
- Mentor junior technical project managers.
Requirements of successful candidates include:
- Bachelor’s and/or Graduate degree in a management or scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project management role
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to explain complex technical processes to any member of the organization
- Superb organizational skills
Nice to Have Skills Include:
- Official project management certification
- Experience leading technological product development teams
- Background in consulting
- Training in data analysis methods and statistical modeling
Writing skills should be demonstrated in the application. To that end, a successful candidate will have a cover letter explaining how they meet the requirements and responsibilities as well as a resume that reflects the minimum qualifications.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A resume with a cover letter is required to be considered.
Please include the job title and where you saw the posting in the Subject line of the email.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!