Senior Technical Editor – Secret Clearance at General Dynamics
Title: Senior Technical Editor – Secret Clearance
- Location: United States
- Type of Requisition:
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
- No Suitability Required
- Public Trust/Other Required:
- Job Family:
- Technical Documentation
Join General Dynamic Information Technology’s (GDIT’s) FedCiv Division to provide Technical Writing and Quality Assurance services for an exciting new contract. As a Technical Writer/Editor, you will be responsible for researching, preparing, and editing technical documents. Our team is located in Windsor Mill, MD. Telework is allowed.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Researching and compiling technical data for use in various training materials, installation guides, and other technical documentation.
- Translating technical information into clear, readable documentation to be used by both technical and non-technical users.
- Documentation includes:
- Technical documents, user manuals, briefings and presentations, guidelines, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Documentation includes:
- Proofreading and providing feedback on materials prepared by peers.
- Managing several different tasks from several different requestors at one time.
- Quality Assurance tasks including reviewing deliverables for quality and compliance.
- BS/BA degree in English, communication, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Technical Writer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including formatting and grammar.
- Demonstration of strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices involved in technical research and writing.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various word-processing and/or desktop publishing software applications.
- Familiarity with technical documentation to comply with accessibility standards such as 508 compliance.
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Security clearance level – Not required.
- Exposure to the Agile methodology is a plus.
- Experience with HHS/CMS, ACF, or OCCIS preferred.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
- Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Travel Required:
- Telecommuting Options:
- Telecommuting 100%
- Work Location:
- Any Location / Remote
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!