Senior Technical Colleague Software Analyst at Ellucian
Title: Senior Technical Colleague Software Analyst (Unidata & Envision exp) REMOTE FROM HOME/ANYWHERE IN US
Location: United States National
Req ID: 2034
Level of experience:Senior Level
Travel Required: None
At Ellucian, we’re motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing profound change. Shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations, are forcing colleges to do more with less. That’s where we come in. As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we’re dedicated to helping all our customers thrive—not just survive—in these challenging times by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today. From cloud solutions built on world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise-class solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
Our passion and commitment for learning and continuous improvement drive us internally, too. From professional development to flexibility and work-life balance, we give our global employees the tools they need to succeed so we can all grow together.
LOCATION – REMOTE FROM HOME/ANYWHERE IN US – (ZERO TRAVEL)
WHAT WE ARE ULTIMATELY SEEKING: someone who is experienced with Ellucian Colleague administration (Colleague, Unidata, Envision, SQL, Web API and other related exp) – this is a technical role.
You will add value by:
- Providing technical support and expertise to Ellucian Colleague system users, internal Ellucian staff and to the support staff of partner companies
- Performing technical troubleshooting covering data migrations, interoperability, middleware, performance and product related issues
- Effectively using company tools and software to record information about the technical infrastructure, problem reports, troubleshooting steps and processes and resolution steps for customer reported issues
- Actively contributing and working to continually improve customer self-help through the publication technically accurate knowledge base articles
- Coordinating problem resolution with other team members, escalation resources, Ellucian engineering, Ellucian testing and partner companies to ensure open communication of issues and resolutions
- Participating in the definition and implementation of processes to address all questions, concerns and ideas of customers that are submitted electronically or by phone
- Contributing as an active member of the Ellucian customer success team by providing open and honest feedback to others, supporting the rest of the team and creating an environment of optimism and achievement
- Uses understanding of client business processes to handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for unique user problems. Independently deals with complex problems
- Log and track complex cases using Salesforce database and maintains historical records and related problem documentation
- Experience troubleshooting with Ellucian Colleague product (Unidata and Envision experience)
- Previous experience working in a technical analyst capacity providing enterprise level support.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming and working with web applications (web server administration, HTML, etc.) and related infrastructure
- Familiarity with API customization.
- Experience with UNIX, Windows 2000, and relational databases (Oracle, Unidata) is required. Able to read and understand programming languages such as Envision, SQL, Java, C, C++, and/or Visual Basic is required.
- Must be able to work from 11-8 EST 1-2 days a week.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of 5-8 years of work experience with complex systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional technical environment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!