Senior Technical Architect
Are you an experienced IT professional with an insatiable thirst for knowledge? Are you interested in sharpening and growing your skills as it relates to building and modernizing infrastructure? If so, join our team of builders here at Privo, and take your career to the next level.
In this position, we need someone to be a stellar communicator and solutions-finder. We want someone that desires to work on projects that require them to roll up their sleeves, learn new things and accomplish hard to achieve goals. Since we have a growing list of clients that rely on us for guidance as it relates to modernizing their infrastructure it is IMPERATIVE that the individual in this role is passionate about making the process of doing so as transparent, fluid and easy as possible. This person must be able to walk through the process of where we will begin our project(s), what we will do during each stage, what that will look like, what effect it will have on their company (if any), how we will do it, why we will do what we plan to do and what the end result will be. Our team works closely with members of other departments and relies on building great relationships both internally and externally, in order to do what we do best. If this speaks to your experience and aligns with your career aspirations, apply. You’ll have a chance to be right on the cutting edge of cloud technology, growing your AWS skills faster than you could have imagined, all while working alongside some of the most intelligent and kind people out there.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform AWS service development and design work that may include logical design, cloud architecture analysis, and design, and systems engineering
- Work with customers to deploy Amazon WorkSpaces cloud desktops and Amazon AppStream 2.0 streamed applications
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within the project scope
- Act as a subject matter expert around AWS for other sales and solutions teams
- Develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
- Create technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations
- Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide 3rd level and higher support for AWS infrastructure
- Bridge communications with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Gather technical requirements, asses client capabilities and analyze findings, to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Demonstrate ownership through input and decision making for customer experiences and the success of our front line
- Continue to grow personal AWS experience and knowledge by obtaining additional AWS certifications
- At least 5 years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise, and solutions architecture in a cloud environment (preferably in AWS)
- Must have 10+ years overall IT experience
- Experiencing administering services on AWS (WorkSpaces, AppStream 2.0, Cloud Formation, VPC, EC2, S3, Guard Duty, Inspector, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (routers, firewalls, switches, hypervisors, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Solid networking knowledge in all OSI networking layers
- Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) (1-3 years)
- At least one current associate or higher level certification in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Extensive experience working on large scale IT projects related to design, deployment, and configuration
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools like AWS Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Has an infectiously positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven track record of delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment and resourcefulness
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a project team
WHAT WE OFFER
A ridiculously great work environment. Our top priority as a company is creating a place where people love to work. Our office is relaxed, collaborative, and fun. We started our business with the premise that smart and creative people have a strong distaste for bureaucracy and micromanagement and they find it painful to work for small-minded people/companies. They want to come to work to make an impact, solve interesting problems, help their teammates, grow their skills and their careers, and build something great. We give you the freedom, respect, and resources to do what you need to do, so your job doesn’t have to feel like a job. On top of that, the company is growing extremely fast which is both exciting and challenging at the same time. If you like a little bit of a faster pace, you’ll love it here.
Ability to Work Remotely. Our preference is for people to live in the greater Boston area, but you don’t need to come to work every day, especially if your drive would be more than 1 hour each way. You can work from home. We collaborate using Slack and Hangouts and it works great. If you are within driving distance from Boston, we ask that you at least come to the office on Tuesdays when we get everyone together for a weekly meeting and some free lunch. Come every day if you want! For remote employees, we try to get together at least quarterly, either by flying you to our office, meeting you at AWS re:Invent, or perhaps somewhere else. The hours and location are insanely flexible.
Grow your AWS Skills. We have a steady stream of incredibly exciting and challenging AWS migration and management work, most of it referred directly from AWS. Work alongside extremely talented AWS solutions architects and learn the AWS platform inside and out. We work with Life Sciences / Health Care companies, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies, Financial Services companies and more, solving some of the juiciest technical problems you’ll ever encounter. You will never get bored here!
WHO WE ARE
We are Privo, an AWS Advanced Consulting partner based in Woburn, MA with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cybersecurity.
Think for a moment about the vast numbers of servers humming away in dusty server closets and co-location facilities around the world. Virtually all businesses that still own and operate their own servers (over 90% of businesses!) know they should move to the cloud but they lack the time and expertise to architect, migrate, and manage their infrastructure in the cloud. It requires knowledge of not just of the AWS platform but also of networking, VPNs, databases, Linux, Windows, security, monitoring, scalability, backups, and much more. On top of that, you have brilliant people with great ideas that want to scale their applications globally in days not months, and they come to us to make it happen on the AWS platform.
Finding people with these skills — AWS, general IT infrastructure, and security — is like hunting for winged unicorns. On the one hand, it’s why our services are so in demand but it’s also why we are always struggling to find people to meet that demand. Therefore, we seek people who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn; and we give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
THE COVER LETTER IS KEY
If this sounds like your kind of place, we, of course, want to see your resume, but more importantly, we want to hear why you think you would be successful here. We’re not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story. If you half-ass a cover letter or send something generic, we’re going to half-ass our consideration of it and send you a generic rejection letter. No offense.
We look forward to meeting you!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- A great work environment
- Free training and certifications
- Bonuses paid for completion of certifications
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% of the individual premium paid) from date of hire
- Cell phone stipend
- Monthly company outings (think – craft breweries and Red Sox games)
- Company-issued laptop that doesn’t suck
- 4 Day Work Weeks in December and August after 18 months of full-time employment
- Birthday Floater Holiday
- 401K with employer match
- 15 Days of PTO