Senior Tax Specialist at Advanced Group
Title: Sr. Tax Specialist
- Location: Downers Grove, IL, or Remote, United States
- Corporate Services Regular Full-Time Advanced Group
Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we’re dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group’s Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
The Sr. Tax Specialist is responsible for assisting with employer tax payments and monthly/quarterly/annual filings to Federal, State and Local Agencies (including SUI and FUI) accurately and in a timely manner. This role can be based out of Chicago, Downers Grove, IL or remote.
- Ensures preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end federal, state and local tax returns is accurate and timely (including 940, 941 and W-3’s)
- Research year end related requests and process corrections to wages/W2s.
- Keep abreast of all tax updates and maintain systems with updates.
- Create ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, corporate departments, management and regulatory agencies as requested
- Analyzes and resolves incoming correspondence from Federal, State and Local Agencies regarding payroll tax issues.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of wages and accurate preparation and issuance of W2s
- Research and respond to payroll tax inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
- Responds to agency requests for employee tax & income data (i.e, California EDD responses)
- Provide support to projects that impact foreign & local payroll processing (requirements gathering, system testing, and other duties.
- Works in closely with accounting department to ensure the appropriate reconciliation and recording of tax withholdings & payments
- Manages local tax jurisdiction compliance in company system (eR and GP)
- Manage Secretary of State compliance registrations and annual reports
- Register company in new tax jurisdictions for state/local/unemployment. Identify registration requirements for state and local tax agency account numbers and coordinate as needed.
- Prepare and submit Federal and State Power of Attorney (POA) as needed.
- Review and submit data for tax amendment filings to IRS and various jurisdictions as needed.
- Provides tax support for internal or agency audits
- Compiles and generates miscellaneous payroll tax information as requested.
- Complete employee set-ups in tax compliance system, Greenshades and UltiPro
- Daily processing of tax payments within tax system, Greenshades
- Daily reporting of tax liabilities due based on processed payrolls
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in any system upgrade or new modules implementation or testing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years previous payroll tax experience with understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Eagerness to take initiative
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!