Senior Tax Auditor at APEX Analytix
Sr. Tax Auditor
Audit Operations SRAUD01307
- Open Across the U.S.
A snapshot of what you would do:
Must possess knowledge of multi-state sales & use tax laws. Must be able to determine proper taxability of transactions to develop tax refund claims and present recommendations to our clients. Under the supervision of the Director, provides assistance in completing engagements efficiently and timely. Prior experience must include a working knowledge of ERP systems, third-party bolt-on sales tax software, tax audits, reviews and working with state auditors and vendors. Must be able to work independently on assigned client engagements while maintaining professional relationships with clients, vendors and taxing authorities. Our goal is to provide our clients with exceptional services utilizing our audit skills, personalities, tax knowledge and proprietary software.
- Research client sales & use tax data to target potential opportunities
- Determine the proper application of sales & use tax laws to specific transactions
- Provide documentation to clients, vendors and taxing authorities
- Prepares refund claim packages and corrective action recommendations for timely submissions
- Develops and maintains effective and productive relationships with clients, vendors and taxing authorities
- Documents and maintains audit progress reports and other administrative reports as required
- Provides support for field operations related to sales & use tax issues and questions
- Working knowledge of multi- state sales & use tax laws, and audit procedures
- Utilize tax research tools to determine the proper application of sales & use tax laws to specific transactions
- Personality and knowledge to gain the confidence and respect of clients, vendors and taxing authorities
- Assist in the development of software applications to automate the identification and confirmation of opportunities and provide “out of the box” input to continuously improve our applications
- Solid organizational and planning skillsMust be able to work independently
- Exceptional client relationships skillsSound oral and written communications skills
- Results oriented with ability to consistently meet deadlinesAnalysis and decision making ability
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point), Outlook, etc.
- Five to seven years of sales & use tax experience in a corporate tax department, public accounting, government agency or consulting organization
- Proven ability to determine the proper application of multi-state sales & use tax laws to specific transactions
- Previous experience recovering sales & use tax overpayments from various states and/or vendors
We owe our growing success to our team of bright, passionate, and innovative individuals. We truly value our associates and strive to provide the highest quality benefits program, offering competitive compensation packages with tailored bonus plans and generous benefits. Our benefits include health and insurance plans (medical, dental, optical, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA, HSA employee assistance program, supplemental insurance options and pre-paid legal), a generous paid time off plan, 401k plan, flexible work schedules, wellness programs (company fitness and weight loss challenges, financial wellness software tool, and gym membership stipend), associate and customer referral bonus programs, and paid community hours. And here at APEX Analytix, you won’t get lost in the shuffle. Our focus on internal training, growth and development results in annually filling over a quarter of our open positions with internal promotions! With resources such as a strong Mentor Program, Internal Training Portal, plus Education, Tuition, and Certification Assistance, we provide tools for our associates to grow and develop. If you are looking for a place to shine, come join the team!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!