Senior Support Engineer, Bioinformatics at Guardant Health
Senior Support Engineer, Bioinformatics (Remote)
- Home Or Remote Office, Virtual, All, United States
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the role:
In this role, you will be working as part of the Clinical Software team within the Bioinformatics organization. Your team is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in the production environment. You will be working with product and engineering teams in conducting Root Cause Analysis, and bug triaging. You will be assisting in developing internal tools that will help improve engineering efficiency.
- Field incoming service/issue requests from end users via email, ticketing system, telephone or in person
- Provide technical support by way of identifying, classifying, troubleshooting, resolving and escalating technical issues
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to build out self-service tools to reduce and streamline technical support instances over time
- Monitor user activity and logs to proactively identify and resolve technical problems
- Making improvements to our team’s documentation, processes and infrastructure
- Create strategy for self-help knowledge base infrastructure and content
- Support bioinformatics and clinical operations infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support
- On call work 1 week/month including the weekend.
- 3+ years of experience in a support role supporting software applications, including web-based applications and Linux applications
- 2+ years with service desk support
- Excellent and proven troubleshooting skills
- Experience creating written documentation and specifications of software products and services
- Experience coding and scripting with Bash and Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems, including commands/command line and networking concepts
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to follow through, and strong organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a group and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience Onboarding new users
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA
- Experience evaluating, testing, and using open-source software and applications
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!