Senior Supply Chain Consultant at Amazon
Senior Supply Chain Consultant
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Are you interesting in joining our AWS Professional Services team driving transformational digital supply chain solutions for our customers? Do you like to work on a variety of global projects, leading AWS, customer and partner teams to achieve AWS best practices? Our Global Supply Chain practice is looking for seasoned consultants with experience selling and delivering digital supply chain transformation solutions for large global customers.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly talented and technical Supply Chain Consultants to help develop our Professional Services business and guide customers in their adoption of the AWS Cloud for their Supply Chain workloads. This candidate will join a Global SWAT team focused on AWS’s most critical Supply Chain customers, reporting directly to the Supply Chain Practice Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed with Customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. AWS is enabling use cases that have never been done before. AWS is looking for a candidate who is passionate about driving our Supply Chain Professional Services business and delivering outcomes to our customers.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience designing and deploying solutions across the end to end supply chain.
Domain areas of expertise include but not limited to:
- Planning: forecasting, demand sensing, demand planning, supply planning, integrated business planning
- Supply Chain Network Strategy: manufacturing & distribution network optimization, control towers, global trade
- Inventory Management & Order Fulfillment: inventory planning and strategy, segmentation, available to promise, fulfill to promise, warehouse planning & operations
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Providing supply chain thought leadership to our customers and AWS teams
- Development of new professional services offerings consisting of sales and delivery kits
- Designing and delivering digital supply chain solutions with measurable business results for our customers
- Support presales activities at our Global and Enterprise Accounts
- Selling professional services through engaging with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio.
- Architecting Supply Chain solutions for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS use cases.
- Support our AWS Partner Network and key industry ISVs with their Digital Supply Chain solutions on AWS
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- 12+ Years in supply chain spanning areas of planning, inventory management, order fulfillment, logistics, or other related fields, preferably at Global System Integrator or Big Four Consulting Organizations.
- 9+ years in professional services or consulting in re-engineering of core processes to optimize the value chain
- 9+ years experience and deep knowledge of Supply Chain systems (like JDA/Blue Yonder, E2open, Kinaxis, SAP SCM etc.) and experience in architecture and delivering outcomes.
- Experience in proposing, selling, and delivering high value Professional Services engagements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics or equivalent experience or equivalent relevant military experience.
- Excellent program management skills including developing plans, resourcing and budgeting projects
- Managing a disciplined execution methodology with both internal and external team members.
- Experience in working as a change and transformation agent.
- AWS Cloud Certifications such as AWS Solution Architect Associate.
- Industry vertical experience in Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Technology, Consumer Products, Retail, or Energy
- Ability to interpret technical concepts into business outcomes, and communicate at the executive level
- Owning and achieving business targets around utilization and customer satisfaction.
- Masters degree preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,500 – 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- AWS Professional Services
- Solutions Architect
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!