Senior Strategic Program Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Title: Sr. Strategic Program Manager
- Location: New York NY US or REMOTE
- Job id: 76395468126016BR-4
This position can be located remotely anywhere in the U.S.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
By leading collaborative cross-functional teams to define and deliver commitments: demonstrating feasibility for new technologies, commercializing new services, expanding our global footprint, driving business transformations through IT systems integrations and/or collaborating with clients and third party partners to develop new capabilities, all using our stage-gate or iterative processes to deliver to the agreed scope, schedule, and budget, while managing execution, risks, trade-offs, expectations, and communications.
What will you do?
- You’ll manage programs and projects, negotiating trade-offs, determining and committing to the right scope, schedule, and budget to deliver winning business results in support of the division’s strategic plan.
- You’ll drive and track all day-to-day project work, making sure that risks are proactively assessed and mitigated, problems are rapidly identified and resolved, while applying state-of-the-art project management tools and techniques to deliver on commitments and in some instances adhere to specific regulatory requirements.
- You’ll lead project communications and phase approval reviews, providing clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the project team and stakeholders, and tailoring style to a broad range of audiences and situations.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required; PMP certification, advanced leadership training, MS, MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of life science and 5+ years project management experience required; experience with clinical trials, supply chain or strategy preferred.
- Fluent in English.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable, adaptable, and committed to professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; exceptional relationship builder.
- Effective at influencing and leading without direct authority.
- Ability to operate at a senior level, drive complex decisions and solve problems.
- Strong business acumen, experience with stage gate processes preferred.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!