Senior Staff Software Engineer – Tech Lead – Java, Angular at The Hartford
Senior Staff Software Engineer/Tech Lead (Java/Angular) – REMOTE
- United States – Remote
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Hartford’s Middle & Large Commercial IT Team is seeking a highly motivated experienced highly motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven Senior Staff Engineer/Tech Lead to support Maintenance projects. The Senior Staff Engineer will have end-to-end accountabilities of small enhancements across MLC IT. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong technical leadership skills, excellent partnership with stakeholders and partner teams, willingness to understand existing processes and systems, solid technical acumen, experience in delivering quality technical solutions and ensure the systems are stable, performant, and secure.
- Provide technical leadership in Scrum Teams by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment, in alliance with architects and other tech leads
- Function as the go-to technical leader for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth of knowledge in technologies, applications, integration, interfaces and business domain
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact schedule and/or budget
- Collaboration with teams to identify opportunities for integration across tools used in the life cycle, including agile, test automation, platform configuration management, and drive efficiencies.
- Mentor team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of independence but is also a team player
- Ability to provide concise, transparent communications about potential risks, mitigations and business impacts in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand technology trade off risks and rewards for the best customer value delivery.
- Takes ownership to drive innovation for effectively leveraging technology to solve the customer problem.
- 7+ years of experience in application software solution development and execution skills for introducing evolving architecture based solutions like Cloud, SaaS, and new UI frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Hands-on experience with Java and J2EE technologies, such as, Java Web Services, JMS, JSP, XML,JSON, JDBC etc.
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP and Rest)
- Experience with technologies like Angular, BootStrap etc
- Experience with containerization and experience in cloud infrastructure environments like Openshift AWS, Azure is an advantage
- Experience working in the security domain a plus.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server relational database technologies. Knowledge of open source database technologies is beneficial
- Experience with Weblogic and JBoss
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies, preferred tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Rally, SonarQube etc.
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
Remote candidates are welcome
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!