Senior Staff Accountant at Elixir Pharmacy Benefits
Senior Staff Accountant
Job ID: 12605-50-210-001 (Remote)
Job Category: Accounting
Requisition Number: SENIO003487
- OH Twinsburg CF 1
Twinsburg, OH 44087, USA
- REMOTE Anywhere in the USA
Remote, Remote, USA
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for accurately applying general accounting principles and company policies to financial transactions to ensure regulatory compliance. This position does not have direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, report and problem solve transactional activity including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Investigate variances and summarize findings for management
- Ensure that financial statements and supporting schedules are completed in accordance with accounting principles and SOX internal control requirements
- Assist with annual external audits and examinations including the preparation of work papers, analysis of data and information gathering
- Perform financial calculations efficiently and accurately utilizing software tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience preferably in the healthcare, insurance or PBM industry
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills
- Financial and statistical reporting knowledge and experience
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- A decisive individual who possesses a detail oriented perspective
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Previous experience with accounting systems
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is able to work with minimal amount of supervision
- Capability to efficiently complete tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays pursuant with industry demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry related software programs
- Completion of CPA or current CPA candidate
Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
3-5 years: Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience preferably in the healthcare, insurance or PBM industry
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Public Acct.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!