Senior Solutions Architect at ConvergeOne
Senior Solutions Architect – AWS
- Job ID: 11140385
- Work Days: Work Vary: Yes , Shift: Other, Hours Per Week: 40, Work Type: Regular
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Locations: Virtual Office
- Position Type: Regular Full-Time
C1 Company Overview: ConvergeOne: 1 Contact, 1 Connection, 1 Choice
ConvergeOne is the foremost, single-source provider of advanced communications and data technology for business. That means if it’s digital, we connect our customers to it — from phone systems and hardware to computer networks, application development, managed solutions and more. And we’re 100% passionate with designing, implementing, managing and supporting our customers’ every need from end to end, so that they can focus on what they do best.
So, when it comes to joining a team of IT and communications technology pros who are empowered to do what they do best, your best choice — your #1 choice — is ConvergeOne.
Convergeone is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing AWS Cloud practice. As a Sr. Solutions Architect, you will be helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures based on AWS platform (e.g., Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, and Amazon CloudFront).
The Sr. Solutions Architect, AWS is a highly seasoned senior technical resource who has led multiple projects and has usually performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle. The person needs an ability to share and communicate ideas verbally, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
- Participate in customer meetings as a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, working with the sales department and other Solutions Architects.
- Evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
- Design and consult on Migrating complex, multi-tier applications to AWS
- Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates, and the AWS Management Console
- Explain and apply the five pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect)
- Familiarity with a scripting language
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environments
- Map business objectives to application/architecture requirements
- Mentors and guides more junior technical resources
- Create scopes of work
- Perform product demonstrations
- Perform Customer workshops
- Work closely with the delivery team to ensure the success of the projects
- Have a passion to write blogs, White papers, and participate in customer facing events and webinars
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Minimum of 10 years enterprise IT experience
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineer, Math or related field or equivalent experience
- Well networked, proven successful track record, collaborative work style, and consultative selling experience
- Strong multi-level relationship management, persuasion and influencing skills
- Technical presentation experience – White board, small and large group presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship and collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude is required
This position can be located anywhere in the US
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
Refer to ID 42104209_1 when applying
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!