Senior Software Quality Assurance at Komoot
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote (time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3)
Find, plan, and share adventures with komoot. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times! Today, with over 20 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
You’ve got a head for processes, an eye for detail and you love being the first to test out new features in the wild. As a member of the komoot Quality Assurance team you’ll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work in cross-functional squads so you’ll work with a range of people from product managers and designers, to developers and data analysts to bring new features into the world. And you’ll simultaneously help to shape our quality practices with the rest of the QA team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Perform exploratory and real-world outdoor tests to assure an exceptional user experience for komoot’s mobile (Android and iOS) apps and website
- Team up with Pedro and Artur to define and scale QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- Work with product managers and designers to refine features and contribute to requirements
- Provide test feedback and pair up with developers to test the features throughout the development process
- Keep an overview of bug reports and prioritize them in collaboration with our product, development and customer support teams
Why you will love it
- You’ll take ownership of quality from day one, moving things forward, shaping the processes and choosing the tools you need to do your best work
- You’ll work on a truly inspiring product that brings real life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A sunny beach? Snowy mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated and talented people
- You’ll feel challenged to continuously learn and excel in your domain
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor adventures
You will be successful in this position if you
- Love to understand every detail of a product and its impact on our users
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills, are highly self-driven, reliable and keen to learn and improve
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance for high-quality Android, iOS and web apps (5+ years)
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
- You thrive in a team and believe quality is a collective effort rather than one person’s responsibility
- Understand that perfection is impossible but aim to get as close as possible
- Bonus: You know about mobile automation with Espresso or XCUITest
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!