Senior Software QA Engineer
- United States
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Olo seeks a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team and help us take the next steps toward whole team quality. You’ll be embedded with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products and committed to a multi-faceted approach to product quality, and also contribute to large cross-team initiatives that require a coordinated approach to quality.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
- You’ve got recent experience with credit card processing or payment systems
- You’ve got strong opinions on software testing and general software quality concepts
- You are tech-savvy and grasp the complexities of modern SaaS platforms.
- You’ve got a technical degree or comparable industry experience.
- You’ve been in an agile testing role for many years, with a track record of success
- You’re comfortable discussing product requirements with product owners and testing approach with developers
- US Resident and Legal right to work in the U.S.
In this job, you’ll…
- Coordinate cross-team test initiatives with QA engineers on other teams
- Report on test coverage, deficits, and effectiveness for your team’s components
- Implement creative approaches to software testing that accelerate software development
- Represent the needs of the client and/or user and usability considerations during feature development
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to design, implement and maintain visible test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Analyze complex features to identify quality risks and provide suitable feedback, taking into consideration performance, reliability, scalability, resilience, and usability concerns, and be able to articulate a test strategy
- Provide clear and consistent test artifacts for test visibility and evidence of working software in multiple environments
- Partner with developers and product owners to adapt Whole Team Quality (WTQ) practices to your team’s unique needs
- Recent hands-on testing experience with credit card processing and payment systems
- Restaurant technology and/or e-commerce experience
- Strong opinions on manual and exploratory testing and general software quality concepts
- Extensive knowledge of web technologies, particularly SAAS platforms
- Experience working in a C#/.NET environment
- Experience with version control (especially Git)
- Experience with TeamCity and AWS
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 300 restaurant brands across 70,000 locations. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded guest interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded websites and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, over 100 million consumers use Olo to order ahead or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s (DIN), Chili’s (EAT), Denny’s (DENN), Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice (JMBA), Noodles & Company (NDLS), Red Robin (RRGB), Shake Shack (SHAK), sweetgreen, Wingstop (WING), and more. SKIP THE LINE
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!