Senior Software Project Manager
A full-time, fully remote position, with a highly flexible work schedule.
Synergy Sports Technology, named by Fast Company as one of the world’s top 10 most innovative companies in sports, seeks a talented and former software developer and current project manager to join our team on a full-time basis as a Software Project Manager. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball and baseball analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 college, professional, and international teams. Our systems are highly complex, and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain scale and efficiency of its products.
What you can expect:
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions. Building applications such as:
- Client Analytic Tools
- Video Editing and Capture Tools
- Data Logging Tools
- Operational Game, Data and Video Pipeline Tools
- Backend Data and Video Platforms
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in conversational English. Synergy development staff work in a deadline-oriented, demanding, non-standard environment in which personal initiative and a strong work ethic are rewarded. Good communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision are crucial. Nonstandard working hours may be required, as Synergy operates on a 247 system for clients, with associated deadlines and requirements. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
We’re looking for a dependable and proven Software Project Manager to join our operations engineering team. This person will fill a pivotal role on the broader Synergy Operations team, operating at the confluence of Game Systems Operations, Engineering, and Internal Operations Support. The right candidate is a seasoned agile project manager who fluently speaks the language of software and technologies and can monitor technical implementation for optimizing tradeoffs of specs, schedule, budget, quality. The right candidate will also know how to apply and adapt project management processes commensurate with the company’s size, culture, challenges, and strategic objectives.
A successful candidate will work closely with operations management and engineering leadership to understand new features and systems enhancements, and ensure that they are effectively documented and communicated, and efficiently managed through the engineering process, and successfully released.
The responsibility will be to lead a variety of projects that intersect with product engineering, operations engineering, and platform engineering with initiatives related to security, video playback and encoding, game processing throughput, game logging, customer-facing products, data center infrastructure etc.
To be successful a candidate you will:
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Produce and review product requirements documents (PRD)
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users
- Manage and optimize release readiness for features, quality and schedule.
- Bring your organizational skills to bare as you facilitate and resolve development process-optimization questions/challenges.
- Create and manage a project plan, manage project resources, scope, schedule, quality, and budget, and provide status reporting
- Be able to work with strict seasonal deadlines in releasing product features
- Act as a liaison between developers and business stakeholders
- Model, implement and teach improved processes.
- Write and manage technical documentation.
- Translate larger plans into units of technical work using industry best practices
- Proven success as a project manager for software teams.
- Deep practical experience using and managing a variety of PM methodologies.
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies and productivity tools.
- Experience selecting, deploying, and using application/system monitoring and reporting tools.
- An expert in Project Management activities: creating and executing a project plan, managing resources, scope, schedule, and budget, and providing status reporting
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple competing priorities with minimal oversight.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Comfortable working under pressure and independently handling multiple projects and deadlines
- Flexible and experienced with juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage leadership expectations, identifying risks and recommending mitigation approaches, and managing issues with effective outcomes
- Software development experience is a plus, but not required.
- Passionate about Sports
- Project Management experience required
- 5 + years’ experience
- NoSQL database (MongoDB Preferred)
C# (Latest version with a preference to .NET Core)
A candidate joining the Data Platform team can expect to work on the following types of projects:
- Creating internal and external APIs to support both data and video
- Building complex data models supporting the business rules of sports
- Developing algorithms that ingesting and transforming multiple streams of data and collapsing the data into a single event structure
- Refactoring code to a .NET Core environment
- Scaling out current systems to support new sports
- Building build and test automation systems
- Building complex reporting data structures for analytical systems
Synergy Sports Technology is an equal opportunity employer openly encouraging all qualified candidates to apply. We are a zero-tolerance drug policy company and conduct thorough background investigations as part of the pre-employment process.For consideration, please email your current resume and contact information to: email@example.com afternoons/evenings.