Senior Software Engineer, Utility Partnerships at OhmConnect
Senior Software Engineer, Utility Partnerships
- Remote, U.S.
- United States
- Full time
Do you want to use your skills to fight climate change and positively impact the communities we live in? OhmConnect, the leader in consumer energy services, is seeking a motivated and passionate Senior Software Engineer to apply software development principles to create a world-class solution that reimagines how people use energy.
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, marketing, partnerships, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and third-party integrations. This role will be client-facing and focused on refining software for OhmConnect’s strategic utility partners.
Who we are
We were created to improve the lives of people and the health of the planet by reimagining the way we use energy. We are tackling such a grand challenge by solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. At OhmConnect, we build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, people, and their pocketbooks.
What we do
Our products encompass:
- Consumer-facing applications that use home automation control and user behavior modeling to shape consumer energy consumption.
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances – smart plugs, thermostats, EV chargers, water heaters, etc.
- Smart meter data ingestion and analysis for consumer energy consumption forecasts.
- Bidding, monitoring, and settlement processes for energy markets.
What you will do
- Collaborate with our utility partners’ product management, user experience, content, and customer support teams.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new code and experiments to optimize user engagement, performance, and device adoption.
- Prioritize and manage development and issue resolution activities.
- Participate in our agile development process, with regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1’s.
- Perform peer code review; mentor and manage other developers.
- Implement application monitoring tools and proactively monitor application performance.
- Work on all aspects of our stack: Python, Flask, React, MySQL, Celery, AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, Redshift, S3, SQS, SES, etc), Ubuntu, Apache, Redis, Git, Jira.
What you bring
- Strong knowledge of Python, Ruby, or similar languages.
- Solid understanding of database interactions in SQL.
- Experience integrating with IoT APIs, libraries, and services.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code with good unit test coverage.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Independent, results-oriented mindset.
- Enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact.
- 5+ years of software development experience preferred.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance – Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!