Sr. Software Engineer – Contract – PHP
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer – Contract – PHP for 10-15 hours a week worth of work. You have significant experience in software development and use your expertise and knowledge of the industry practices to perform development tasks such as, coding, app development and web development. You often oversee projects and may specialize in a particular area of development or coding language.
What you’ll do:
- Code and test software based upon software specifications and design
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements
- Prepare design documentation
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Oversee and mentor junior developers on projects.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of software developer experience
- 2+ years of experience with PHP
- You love to code and do it for fun!
- Understanding of OOP, data structures, and algorithms
- Creative, constructive problem solver
- Diligent, persistent worker
- Quick learner, collaborative, willing to question, eager to learn
- BS or BA in CS or comparable degree
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.