Senior Software Engineer- Java at Method, Inc.
Location: US Locations; 100% Remote
Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking a seasoned Senior Software Engineer who has significant experience with DevOps, Cloud, and the development of RESTful services in an enterprise context. Helping to facilitate application architecture and design are core, collaborative fundamentals of this role, as well as the ability to directly engineer business-critical applications. Strong personal skills ordered towards client empathy and engagement are highly valued characteristics, and are central to our culture as a diverse and inclusive company.
At Method, you will collaborate within high-performing, cross-functional teams to build innovative solutions for a variety of clients. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn a myriad of technologies, disciplines, and skills. You will do so while working closely with engineers of every kind, data scientists, designers, and strategists who specialize in both product and business based solutions.
- You will succeed in this role if you:
- 5+ years of experience working on large, enterprise development projects
- Have built and launched RESTful Web APIs written in Java
- Java 8 or higher and Web Service Frameworks (Spring, Play, etc.)
- Experience using JPA
- Familiar with ORMs such as Hibernate
- Experience with package/dependency management systems (Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Understands Dependency Injection(DI) / Inversion of Control (IoC)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (JUnit, etc.)
- High level of OOP experience
- Working with cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, Azure)
- Are encouraging in teaching, communicating, and relating with others
- Have a very high standard of written English
- Love the journey as much as the destination
- Oracle Service Bus experience
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Zookeeper
- Familiar with other JVM languages (Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, etc)
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
Location: US Locations Only