Job Title: Sr Software Engineer (Investment Management)
Job Sector: Software Engineering
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world’s leading software-driven organizations. It has a rich history of applying software engineering best practices to reduce the time and cost of delivering high-quality, full-featured applications with advanced functionality. Its technical leadership in mobile, rich Internet and enterprise applications showcases its broad commitment to software development best practices and quality.
- Type of Employment: W2 Employee
- Length: Long term project
- Location: Pasadena, CA or remote US
- Availability: Immediately Available, Flexible for 2 weeks notice
- Perks: Fun Environment, close-knit team, endless opportunities within company, start up feeling office, very cool product
Senior Software Engineer (Investment Management)
The Senior Investment Management Software Engineer will be a key member of the Investment Management Rapid Solutions team, which works directly with front office traders, portfolio managers, analysts, and management to design and develop creative, robust, value-add solutions for the Investment Management Team. As part of this group, the individual will be responsible for analyzing, designing, modeling, developing, testing, and supporting front office solutions such as daily portfolio and benchmark-relative exposures across various dimensions covering a wide range of fixed income and derivative product types.
The IM Software Engineer should have a good understanding of and experience in fixed income portfolio management and derivative products. He or she should have an excellent background in software design and development and have a passion in creating mission critical, high-quality systems, with resilient designs that accommodate future changes with minimal software debt.
Along with the specified responsibilities and competencies, we are looking for an individual who possesses a positive, action-oriented attitude and understands the importance of taking initiatives within a team environment. The optimal candidate has a strong interest to deliver creative value-add solutions to the front office users of the investment management business.
- Utilize understanding of fixed income and derivative analytics as well as portfolio management to design and construct solutions for investment management users.
- Uphold and contribute to good software engineering and design principles to manage complexity and minimize accumulated software debt in our solutions
- Quickly understand business, system, and data details related to existing and planned front office solutions
- Collaborate with analysts, software engineers, front office users, and management to analyze and design innovative front office solutions
- Work both independently and with team to consistently deliver and support high-quality solutions to business users
- Quickly develop and deliver high-quality, tested solutions based on requirements and user-experience discussions
- Efficiently manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously and accurately track and escalate issues to supervisor
- Provide effective documentation of user-solutions and technical decisions where appropriate and effective
- Provide production support of related solutions
- Communicate effectively in all matters related to responsibilities
- Strong communication skills
- Good experience and knowledge (3+ years) of fixed income portfolio management and derivative products
- Strong experience and knowledge (7+ years) in developing complex SQL queries
- Strong experience and knowledge (7+ years) in at least 1 core programming language such as C++, Java, .NET
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of independent creative critical thinking and problem solving
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Python experience is a plus!