Senior Software Engineer in Test at New Relic
Senior Software Engineer in Test
- Portland, Oregon
We’re looking for an experienced senior software engineer with a passion for testing to join our Applied Intelligence product development group as a Software Engineer in Test. As an SDET you’ll be embedded within an engineering team and will build a rich suite of functional tests that validate the behavior of our Alerting platform.
If you’re ready for this job, you’ll have a software engineering background and have worked with high-availability, high-scale, production systems. You are self-motivated, committed to quality and the thought of building automated test suites and tools for production systems excites you!
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and apply testing frameworks to power automation tests that verify our software is working correctly
- Work closely with your teammates to understand the user requirements, architecture, design & evolution of our systems to identify tests
- Join the DevOps on call rotation for your team when you are ready
- Design robust testing strategies and build these patterns into our products
- Look for repeated manual operations and find ways to automate them
- Work with Support and other Product teams to triage and solve problems
- Collaborate with other SDETs at New Relic on standard methodologies, tools & techniques.
This position is for New Relic Alerts, part of New Relic AI Ops group. Our customers are busy DevOps, SRE, and on-call teams and our Products help them find, investigate, and resolve problems with their systems faster.
You’ll maintain a work-life balance that enables you to thrive by using flex time-off, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, and our DataNerds4Good volunteer time off program.
- Prior success with automated testing frameworks and knowledge of how best to apply them
- 2+ years experience with backend testing of a distributed microservices architecture
- 2+ years experience of writing software that runs on the JVM
- You have worked in an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience with build systems and CI/CD pipelines
- You are passionate about quality and care deeply about customer experience
- DevOps experience
- Ability to reason about time-series data
- Knowledge of databases (Postgres, MySQL) and query languages
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Groovy/Gradle/Spock, Kafka
Please note that visa sponsorship or relocation is not available for this position.
Our Office or Your Office
You will be working with engineers and leaders distributed throughout the world, concentrated around our major offices in Portland, San Francisco, Phoenix, Barcelona, and Tel Aviv. This role can be based in Portland, Oregon or Home Office in the U.S. Our global headquarters for research and development is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in the thriving tech community of the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy multi-modal commute access and a plethora of good eats and exceptional coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!