Senior Software Engineer, Helios Serverless Backend at MemSQL
Senior Software Engineer, Helios Serverless Backend
- Remote (US); or Lisbon, Portugal
At MemSQL we’re not just building a database company, we are defining the future of data management. We believe we can build a serverless solution designed for operational workloads and the Helios Team is responsible for this initiative. We are looking for people to join us in building a hybrid cloud control plane which autonomously manages thousands of high-performance MemSQL databases on behalf of our customers. We fundamentally believe that customers should not have to compromise between always-online performance and serverless convenience.
Joining us as a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop continuously deployed software with a collaborative team. As our team operates in parallel on multiple features, you will manage the entire lifecycle of feature development at varying levels of complexity. This includes working directly with other teams as well as customers to ensure we always exceed expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop a world-class cloud service responsible for providing an innovative serverless operational database
- Work closely with Kubernetes allowing the same technology powering MemSQL Helios to be delivered to select customers on-premise
- Be part of the team that ships the world’s first serverless operational database
- Automate workflows and test your own code to improve overall software quality
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Perform high-quality code reviews for your team members
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working on a cloud-native product (Go experience preferred)
- Deep interest and experience working on distributed systems, databases, networking, storage, and multi-tenant services
- Experience developing software which runs on Kubernetes
- Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, or Google GKE experience a bonus
- Passionate about building highly reliable customer-facing services
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar field
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!