Senior Software Engineer, Growth – Full Stack at Whatnot
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Growth (Full Stack)
Growth engineers at Whatnot have big ownership and velocity in order to significantly impact the company topline metrics. To achieve our goals, we are passionate about understanding our buyer and seller experiences and becoming experts in our business metrics. We always prioritize the highest impact features and ship them quickly.
As a growth engineer you will have a lot of freedom to research and find new opportunities to drive the product direction. As a result, it’s a fun team to work on!
The breadth of projects are wide as we will work on any project necessary to grow us faster but some sample growth team projects are: livestream clipping and sharing, features to help our sellers be more successful, tools that help us acquire more sellers, along with the typical growth products like authentication, activation, email/notifications, performance marketing, and more
Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. We’re one of YC’s top companies and the fastest growing consumer marketplace for the past 2 years (2020 and 2021). We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 150+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is perhaps the largest opportunity in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
- 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- You are known for shipping products and features lightning-fast.
- You’re an excellent problem solver and don’t need to be told exactly what to do.
- Comfortable working across the stack (backend and frontend).
- Ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly.
- Proven track record of delivering features.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company is a plus.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.