Senior Software Engineer- Full Stack and Cyber Risk Analytics at Guidewire
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack, Cyber Risk Analytics
- UNITED STATES – REMOTE
- ANALYTICS AND DATA SERVICES
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics helps insurers and other financial institutions to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence insights help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities and develop new products.
We are looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry’s complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products everyday. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who’ve checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We’ve built a strong culture, and we’re looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
- Develop interactive enterprise web applications, with an emphasis on data analytics and visualization
- Actively participate in a fast-paced team-based Agile environment, working with product managers, user-experience designers, software testers and other engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in full stack engineering or similar equivalent role
- Excellent programming skills coupled with an understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Demonstrated experience developing browser-based interactive web applications, focusing on server-side
- In depth knowledge of databases and SQL particularly PostgreSQL
- Experience with Node.js and associated frameworks such as Express.js
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3, including frameworks such as Bootstrap or Material
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and go outside your comfort zone
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js
- Experience developing and deploying production REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon AWS services such as S3, SQS, Redshift
- Experience with statistical programming languages
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!