Senior Software Engineer – Frontend at Astronomer
Senior Software Engineer – Frontend
- Remote job
Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. At the core of our product is Apache Airflow, the open-source Python-based task orchestrator widely adopted among startups and enterprises alike to author, schedule, and monitor data workflows. Making Airflow better is a key goal for us at Astronomer: the healthier Airflow and its community is, the better we are.
We are looking for skilled engineers to join our team and help us and our existing team of committers to make Apache Airflow better for everyone, not just our customers. The right candidate will find the idea of working on a complex software exciting, will relish the idea to design, communicate and implement real-time APIs and highly-available components, and improve their performance too.
We are seeking a passionate, hard-working, and talented frontend engineer to help us reimagine the next generation of the open-source Airflow UI. You’ll be responsible for helping architect, build, and grow a new API-driven application that will become the foundation of Airflow’s future.
- Developing high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing features or fixing bugs.
- Able to prototype quickly to articulate and evaluate ideas strategically.
- Collaborating with designers and other UI engineers to ensure alignment to UI architectural standards and user experience patterns.
- Delivering thoughtful solutions for complex problems through test-driven development and automated testing.
- Encouraged to participate in the Airflow community (via Slack, mailing list, and GitHub).
- Experience building complex single-page applications with React.js, and have an extensive understanding its core principles, and workflows
- Experience deploying React.js applications in a variety of environments.
- Thorough understanding of testing frameworks (e.g. Jest)
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design and integration
- Solid understanding of modular design and single responsibility principle
- Experience with static type checking (Flow, Typescript, etc) a plus
- Previous experience with Airflow is not required for this role
- You sweat the details—all of them
- Strong interpersonal skills to articulate ideas and strategies. As we will feed our changes back to the Apache Airflow project, these skills are important in order to be able to evangelize your ideas to other members of the Airflow project
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Ability to see the big picture and keep an eye on long-term goals and direction, while taking care of short-term needs
- Good design and UX sensibilities
- Eager to peer up with other engineers to enable and grow each other
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!