Senior Software Engineer – Frontend at GOAT
Senior Software Engineer – Frontend
at GOAT Group (View all jobs)
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
In this role, you will:
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and innovative team, expanding the mobile and desktop web experience.
- Share ownership of a high-traffic consumer-facing web application, averaging over 10 million monthly visitors.
- Review code and mentor other engineers, including pair programming and presenting Show and Tells.
- Partner with product, design, marketing, and QA to deliver MVP-scoped features and validate its impact.
- Be an advocate for innovation; research and prove out the latest web capabilities and features.
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing single-page applications (React, Angular, etc.)
- Experience writing and using unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
- Experience building highly performant NodeJS backend-for-frontends
- Experience writing and maintaining unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Experience optimizing web performance (time-to-first byte, time-to-first paint, perceived performance)
- Experience with working in a continuous delivery ecosystem
- Experience with A/B testing
- Huge plus if you have experience with microservices and/or micro-frontends
- Huge plus if you have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Golang
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.