Senior Software Engineer, Core
At Skillshare, we offer thousands of classes to our growing community of teachers and students. Our Core Experience team works to improve and increase engagement with this content and in turn, expand opportunities to learn and teach. As a senior engineer on this team, you will develop features across the stack that enable goal-oriented learning, improve quality and personalization of recommended content, and help users discover relevant and engaging content that motivates them to return to Skillshare.
This work is vital to our success as a company and platform, and as our community grows, we’re excited to welcome another senior full-stack engineer on to the Core Experience team.
What you’ll do:
- Build product! You’ll contribute to features that help our users engage and succeed on the platform.
- Work directly with our Platform team on migration and refactoring initiatives.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives with the team (we work in agile here).
- Review code with best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, and performance considerations in mind.
- Mentor your teammates and help them grow and develop their skills.
- Work closely with other engineers, along with our product, design, and data teams.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You’re an experienced engineer with a proven history of working across the stack (especially on the back-end) and building product at scale.
- You’re ready to work with an existing code base, and can pick up new languages as needed.
- You bring best practices in architecture, code quality, testing and technical documentation to the table, and are ready to share them with the team.
- You are a natural collaborator and excited about technical mentorship.
- You’re passionate about the user, and eager to help us build the best possible core product for all of our teachers and students.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: A solid core experience is the foundation of a strong business, and this team is at the heart of it.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, creative, and innovative team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Need flexible hours, or to work a day or two remotely? No problem. We trust you to do what you need to do.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to over 5 million members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.